Here at Lucky Lab Coffee Co., we firmly believe that good people, happy dogs and a great cup of coffee make the world a better place. Each and every day our team strives to play our part, providing Austin with handcrafted, locally roasted coffee, a creative scratch-made food and drink menu, a charitable commitment to man's best friend, and classic southern hospitality.
We are a team of hard workers who value customer service, collaboration, and communication. We believe in going above and beyond, both for our customers and for our co-workers. We're always growing and are currently looking for top-notch, dependable, and super friendly baristas with similar values and an extra touch of Southern charm to work events at the Austin Convention Center. Additional opportunities on at our main shop, offsite locations, and with our catering and events team are also be available.
About the Position
We have a two brick and mortar coffee shops + pastry kitchen, located across from the University of Texas in West Campus, and in the office lobby locations in downtown.
Depending upon shift, daily duties may consist of opening the location each morning and preparing for service, manning the register (taking customers’ orders, making suggestions, demonstrating deep knowledge of the menu and company, completing transactions, etc.), preparing handcrafted drinks according to Lucky Lab recipes and standards, maintaining a clean, organized, and visually-appealing bar, stocking and restocking bar, merchandise, and food items throughout the day, cleaning and dishwashing.
We are looking for candidates that are available for 8-10 hour shift blocks and are able to commit to 40 hours each week (full time) . Please note your daily and weekly availability upon submitting your application.
You’re a great fit if...
- You're a customer service extraordinaire who genuinely loves to engage with people (#1 to any type of experience or coffee knowledge);
- You have an outgoing and positive demeanor and enjoy working as part of a team;
- You have excellent time management and task delegation skills and work well under pressure;- On time means 10 minutes early;
- You have a genuine interest in coffee and coffee shops, locally run businesses, people and dogs;
- You've got a food handlers certificate (or the willingness to get one);
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees what needs to be done and does it;
- You’re okay with a flexible and changing schedule that includes early morning shifts;
- You want to join a team with opportunities for growth;
- You have access to reliable transportation.
- You LOVE dogs :)
If you think you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you! Interviews will be held immediately and we are looking to hire immediately. We are only interested in hiring applicants who are interested in long-term employment - no seasonal or short-term work.
Job Types: Full-time