We’re looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and organized Barista Manager to join our team. We hope to find someone who has experience with high volume, and is excited to grow the Lucky Lab brand with us!
The Lucky Lab Coffee Company Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day operations of the coffee shops, including training and performance management of all supervisory and hourly staff, inventory management, and excellent customer service. The Assistant Manager reports to the GM.
- Sales, Reporting, and Financial Responsibility
- Written and verbal store communication and top-down communication from corporate officers. Communicates with supervisors/leadership team to maintain same practices and secure policy and procedure at all levels of the operation. Communicates store goals to team effectively and motivates others.
- Monitors inventory levels and communicates with vendors/management to maintain business relationships and secure appropriate pricing, in coordination with the General Manager.
- Maintains functional, efficient, pleasant store environment and high-quality food and beverage offerings.
- Reports performance information to corporate officers.
Leadership and Team Organization
- Leads and models overall culture, values, mission, and spirit of the company. Is knowledgeable about the ideals and principles of Lucky Lab Coffee Company and ensures that our story is appropriately conveyed by staff and store environment.
- Implements training plans for new employees following the Lucky Lab Coffee Company schedule and materials. Ensures full understanding and regularly observes and coaches staff on their performance, celebrating successes as well as discussing and offering suggestions if more feedback is needed.
- With management team, performs employee reviews and conducts ongoing coaching and training sessions to ensure high levels of performance.
- Models proper attendance, punctuality, customer service, and overall attitude.
- Makes decisions on matters of importance at the store level.
Quality of Products, Functionality, Safety, and Store Appearance
- Oversees and executes effective communication between baristas and kitchen staff to ensure that food and beverage offerings are fresh, labeled appropriately, and kept well-stocked.
- Ensures that all company and store standards, guidelines, and procedures are communicated and followed by staff at all times. Models all rules and policies and maintains safety features and security of café, FOH, and BOH operations.
- Ensures store appearance is maintained at all times, including café seating area, condiment bar, and FOH/BOH.
- Ensures proper equipment functionality and performs or enforces completion of regular equipment maintenance. Utilizes resources and available information to troubleshoot when equipment errors occur; responds in a timely and reasonable fashion to problems.
- Maintains, models, and coaches on speed of service and organizes employees to maintain the most efficient floor-plan and deployment for serving customers.
- Minimum two years of barista and supervisory experience
- compensation is DOE
Job Type: Full-time